Posted on March 05, 2019
English Language and Literacy Teacher
I Can Read
I Can Read teaches ESL and English Literacy to students aged 2.5–15 years old through our fun and unique teaching methodology.
We teach all areas of ESL, combined with our unique approach to phonology and literacy to give students all the skills needed to be confident and proficient in English. Classes are designed to be interactive, activity based and focused on individual student needs and progress.
Our curriculum and methodology were designed over 15 years of research by education psychologists, and we have been enriching the lives of students in Asia for over 17 years.
We provide a comprehensive training programme, plus all the curriculum and materialsyou need to teach exciting lessons.
We have learning centres in 11 countries and offer opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Salary between USD 1500-1800
- Shared accommodation provided
- 10 days paid annual leave per year plus paid public holidays
- End of contract bonus of one month’s base salary
- End of contract flight reimbursement of up to USD 1,100
- Health insurance
- Working visa
- Full teacher training programme (Teachers will be paid to attend this training. Accommodation in Singapore and the flight & travel insurance from Singapore to Myanmar are also provided)
- Small class sizes with teaching assistant
- 5-day working week with two mid-week days off
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week plus 15 administration/open house event hours
- Teaching speaking and listening skills using our ICR ESL curriculum and materials
- Teaching pre-reading skills to children using our unique literacy system
- Teaching reading and comprehension skills
- Teaching writing skills including grammar, narratives, editing and publishing
- Teaching oral presentation and communication skills
- Help children develop social skills and positive classroom behaviour
- Conducting pre-enrolment assessments for new students
- Participate in marketing events occasionally
- 5-day working week (usually Wednesday to Sunday) with 2 days off mid-week
- Maximum 40 hour working week
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week
- Maximum 15 hours admin work/marketing events per week
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching certificate required (B.Ed, TESOL/TEFL, CELTA/DELTA etc)
- Native English speaker
- From USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Teaching experience preferred
- Clean criminal background check
- Happy to work with young learners from 2.5 years old and above
How to apply
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org