Posted on December 17, 2018
Short-term Language Exchange Program in China
Nǐ hǎo! Develop or improve your Chinese (Mandarin) oral and written communication while teaching your native language with this unique, short-term language exchange opportunity. Choose to stay with your Chinese host family from 2-6 months and gain an insider's perspective on Chinese culture, language, history and more!
Become a global citizen while exploring if an international career path is for you. Be based in either Beijing or Shanghai where the rest of China is at your doorstep. Dive into your new country with monthly cultural immersion activities and networking events.
Your adventure in China begins with a group orientation in Beijing. You will then meet your pre-matched family and bond (and teach!) with your new little mèimei (sister) or dìdi (brother).
yYou get all of the following:
- Placement with a Chinese host family in Beijing or Shanghai
- Monthly allowance of 1,000 RMB (approx. $150 USD)
- Completion bonus of 1000 RMB per month (excluding the 2-month program)
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Homestay accommodation (private room) and all meals
- Required visa documentation and assistance in applying
- 24/7 in-country support from bilingual staff
- Networking events with alumni community
- 6 Mandarin classes per week at a local licensed Mandarin language school, and access to offline Mandarin learning resources
- Monthly cultural activities included in the program, with other program participants
- Airport pickup & welcome dinner
- Paid vacation days
- Comprehensive orientation
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
Go make a difference through the following:
- Teach 1-3 children English in their home
- Be a respectable houseguest
- Must be between 18-29 years old
- Must be a native English speaker or proficient in English from North America, Western Europe, South Africa, or Oceania and eager to learn about Chinese culture.
- TEFL certification required