Posted on February 14, 2019
No experience required! Only 20 Working Hrs per Week + Free Accommodation
Aston English was established in 1996 and is now the largest chain of American managed schools in China. We welcome applications from experienced, motivated and enthusiastic people for an immediate start to work with Aston in China.
Aston Educational Group (AEG) is a professional international educational group which began in the United States in 1991, and made its way to China in 1996. Aston Educational Group provides language training, K-12 education, and educational & cultural exchanges for millions of students around the world. AEG operates over 120 English schools throughout China under the Aston English brand which was established in 1996 in Dalian. We have helped over 3000 teachers live, work in and experience China since 1996 and Aston has an established support system for teachers.
We have developed a detailed curriculum for beginner, elementary, intermediate and advanced students. Along with our students, you, the teachers are our priority. We have spent much time and resources on teacher development and foreign teacher support.
We have central and regional offices overseeing all our franchisee and company schools. Most locations have foreign managers and a line of support to promote fairness and clear communication to break through cultural barriers and reduce misunderstandings.
We understand the dynamics of working within a multicultural environment and do our best to make your time in china as comfortable as possible and your experience enjoyable and extraordinary.
7 Reasons to Teach with Aston
- China's largest American-managed English school group
- Ongoing training and support to help you realize your full potential as a teacher
- Schools in 7 of the top 20 cities for foreigners to live in China as voted in International Talent Magazine.
- More than 120 schools to choose from in almost 100 cities
- Opportunities for advancement with Aston, as well as our corporate training, kindergarten, overseas study, and Aston Workshop curriculum design partners.
- Flexible contracts with 20, or 25 teaching hours per week and choice of contract length 6 or 12 months and contract can be extended.
- Full work visa and residence permit provided
- Attractive salaries dependent on specific contract types (10k-16k CNY per month)
- Z visa provided
- Free accommodation (single or shared by two foreign teachers)
- Basic medical insurance provided
- Flight allowance equal to one month salary
- 2 weeks paid personal leave in addition to all national holidays
- 3 days off per week
- 4 hours of Chinese classes per week for free
- A rewarding career path
- Teach scheduled class hours as outlined in the contract. Class hours include scheduled lessons, substitutions, outside teaching, one-to-one tutoring, educational promotional events
- Prepare lesson plans and mark homework according to the guidelines set by Aston
- Follow the curriculum, the course aims and lesson objectives
- Complete the teacher’s Daily Class Log
- Carry out on-going assessments
- Conduct and grade mid-term and final exams
- Complete all assessment paperwork, grade cards, assessment forms and Aston Passports for Success
- Work with the Chinese teacher to ensure effective lessons
- Attend training events
- Undertake professional development, lesson observation and feedback
- Abide by Aston’s policies as outlined in the contract and the Foreign Teachers’ Staff Manual
- Nationality: Native English speakers from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand only for all Aston locations, South Africa for some Aston locations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in any subject
- Age limit: under 55 years old
- Teaching certification: 2 years teaching experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Education OR TEFL/TESOL certified
- Clean criminal record & good health
How to apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a recent photo attached.