Posted on May 13, 2019
ESL Teacher - GIRAFFE ENGLISH
Our language school is now looking for dynamic, creative and passionate English teachers to join our close-knit teaching team. Teach young learners aged 3 to 12 years old in the vibrant metropolis of Shanghai, China.
Our schools teach students 3 to 12 years old, and given the age of our students, our mission extends beyond teaching English. We believe that we must not only be effective teachers of English, but work to help create an environment where students can work and learn collaboratively.
Our young learners focus on speaking and as the students’ progress into different levels, they are introduced to reading and writing. Our courses are designed to cater to each students needs as well as establish confidence in their English speaking ability.
Speak Up is an advanced level course for students that are looking to challenge themselves and their ability to think critically. We currently have two courses that we are offering through Speak Up- Drama and Public Speaking. Each course is specially designed to allow our students to not only work on their English speaking ability, but also learn specialized and valuable skills that we hope will aid them for their academic future.
- Excellent salary: 17,000 – 21,000 RMB per month (based on qualifications and teaching ability)
- Relocation allowance
- 2 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival
- Continuous living support from our dedicated support team
- Legal Z work visa provided
- Visa document reimbursement
- Health insurance provided
- Contract completion bonus of up to one month’s salary
- 30 days national and school holidays annually
- 5 days paid personal leave annually plus unpaid personal leave available
- Free Mandarin lessons
- Real possibility to receive multiple raises within the first year
- Career development opportunities
- Professional pre-job training and extensive on-the-job training provided
- Maximum of 25 teaching hours per week
- 40-hour work week including teaching hours
- Lesson planning
- Plan events and special activities based on Western holidays (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
- Attend trainings and meetings
- Weekend classes with days off during the week
- Attend the school’s annual events
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate required
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
- Teaching experience preferred
- Patient, hardworking and passionate in teaching young learners
- Creative and has a good sense of humour
How to apply:
**Please mention you found us on globalU Jobs.