Posted on March 06, 2019
Vietnam. Best money, work, life balance.
APAX English by April launched in Vietnam in May 2015. Our program brings a new style of curriculum and standard that is raising the bar of English education in Vietnam. With an emphasis on critical thinking, creativity, and character traits for success, our program is entirely unique. This makes it a fun developmental experience for both teachers and students.
With over 70 established centers in Vietnam and aiming for 100 by the end of 2019, we are currently hiring more teachers for grand opening centers in March, April and May. Growing a center from scratch can be very rewarding, plus management positions will be opening up imminently!
- Native English Speaker from the USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK
- Original Bachelor's degree or higher in any field
- Original ESL teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL,CELTA) OR a teaching certificate (Apax has systems in place to assist with TEFL qualification courses)
- Able to provide a background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence
- Able to pass a health check required by the Vietnamese government
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (No lesson planning is required)
- Classroom management
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
- Attending and contributing to training sessions
- Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
- Start up bonus 25,000,000 VND paid within the first month
- Entry level salary range of 32,000,000 VND to 36,000,000 VND for 18-21 teaching contact hours per week
- Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND
- Monthly accommodation allowance: 3,225,000 VND [Hanoi & HCM]
- Small-city stipend: 3,225,000 VND (outside of Hanoi & HCM)
- KPI Bonus up to 3,000,000 VND / month (depending on classroom performance)
- Completion Bonus: 10,750,000 VND; pioneering bonus potential for smaller cities ranging from 8,000,000 VND to more than 56,000,000 VND (~$800-$2400)
- ~20 vacation days
- Work permit reimbursement upon 12 month completion
- Average class size of 10-16 students
- Program training provided
- Opportunities for advancement (not only teaching)
- Ongoing teacher support
Locations: With over 56 centers in more than 25 cities we can offer you the best start to an ESL career in Vietnam.
Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City: Our HQ is located in Ha Noi, where we have another 23 centers and in Ho Chi Minh we have another 8.
In traditional cities: Want to experience the real Vietnam. Take a look at our centers in the more traditional Vietnamese towns such as Vinh Phuc, Ninh Binh, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Hai Phong and more.
Da Nang and coastal towns: Furthermore we have some beautiful centers in Da Nang, close to Hoi An. However you can also find us in other coastal towns
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Formatted CV
- University (bachelor’s) degree certificate
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/teaching certificate
- Passport photo page