Posted on December 17, 2018
Volunteer to Teach English to Buddhist Monks
AYC Intercultural Programs
Located in Bang Pa In province, home to the summer getaway for Thailand’s King and Queen at Bang Pa In Palace — and a short drive to the ancient Mayan ruins of Ayutthaya — is a modest temple school where child monks come to learn. And they’re looking for fluent English speakers to help them.
Gain a unique insider perspective into Thai Buddhism while teaching in a temple classroom. Explore and learn about the nearby Khmer ruins at Ayutthaya, the capital city of what was long ago known as Siam.
Earn invaluable teaching and travel experience and build a resume all your friends will be jealous of.
You get all of the following:
- A unique opportunity to teach English to young monks in a temple
- Homestay accommodation with a local Thai family
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Visa assistance
- Orientation in Bangkok upon arrival
- Transportation from Bangkok to homestay
- Airport pickup
- On the ground support staff 24/7
- Help organizing trips and tours
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
Go make a difference through the following:
- Volunteer to teach conversational English to young monks
- Be respectful of Buddhist practices and Thai culture
- Participate in extra-curricular school activities/functions
- Be willing to share about your culture and learn about theirs
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a fluent English speaker